[vtkusers] Slice volume

Peter Parente parente at cs.unc.edu
Sun Nov 10 11:45:06 EST 2002

Hi,

I have a volume dataset loaded from TIFF images that I would like to slice using a simple plane. From the slice, I'd like to get back just the values along that slice, map them to a colorscale, and draw the result as a height map.

I'm pretty sure I can figure out the last two steps, but I'm stuck on slicing the volume. I've looked into using vtkPlane and vtkClipDataSet, but I'm not sure how to turn the results into something I can draw. I've also checked out vtkImageDataGeometryFilter, but that doesn't seem to be able to slice at arbitrary orientations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter Parente