[vtkusers] Question

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Nov 9 04:12:54 EST 2002

    YC> vtkRenderWindowInteractor, is it=20 possible to close the
    YC> function of "rotate"(Button 1), =20 but still have
    YC> "pan"(Button2),and "zoom"(Button3).  Please give me some ideas
    YC> or examples.

Yes, yoou can disable rotation pretty easily.  If you consider the
example in vtk/tk/vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor.py just add the
following:

    pane.bind("<ButtonPress-1>", lambda e: e)

and put it anywhere after you create the pane object.  Basically this
disables button 1 events and thereby prevents rotation.  Ofcourse this
is true for the vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor.  I havent checked the
default vtkRenderWindowInteractor.  You might need to add an observer
for that class.

cheers,
prabhu