[vtkusers] vtk and web applications, Jython

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 6 14:14:32 EST 2002

Paul,

Just to comment on the latter, yes, I've used Jython & VTK.  Here's a link to
an early proof-of-concept:

   http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~heiland/vtk/Jython/

I've been working on a remote vis project (VisBench) for quite some time that
has a lightweight Java/Swing client/GUI that sends Python cmds to an embedded
Python-VTK server.  At some point, I turned the client into a standalone vis
app simply by using Jython and Java-wrapped VTK libs.  I was pleasantly
surprised at how smoothly it went.  So I'd recommend trying it (and letting us
know).

--Randy