[vtkusers] Structured Grid

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Nov 6 12:05:35 EST 2002

    VZ>  Hello all I'm beginner . i created a Structured Grid
    VZ> (vtkStructuredGrid) and add point to this Structured Grid.
    VZ> Now i need add some other data to this Grid like velocity and
    VZ> temp, any vector data or Scaler data .  Can i add data to The
    VZ> grid or must create other thing and add them to it?

Create a vtkFloatArray (or similar and for each point in your
structured grid, add the scalar to the array.  Then set the scalars to
the point data of your structured grid.

sg = vtkStructuredGrid()
f = vtkFloatArray()
for i in range(sg.GetNumberOfPoints()):
 f.InsertNextValue(insert_your_scalar_here)

sg.GetPointData().SetScalars(f)

cheers,
prabhu