[vtkusers] Re: wrong dimensions

Dr. Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed Nov 6 04:04:50 EST 2002

Hi,

WRT Florian's volume rendering problem

I have used the TIFF and JPEG  reader for 8 bit RGB images, and it
seems to work well.

I think also with BMP you will need to use the vtkImageLuminance to
get the scalar luminance value from the RGB colour

for instance  (in python) for files filename00.JPG to filename24.JPG

# Data reader
reader1 = vtkJPEGReader ()
reader1.SetFilePrefix(filename)
reader1.SetFilePattern("%s%02i.JPG")
reader1.SetDataExtent(0,182,0,212,0,24)
reader1.SetDataSpacing(1,1,2.45)
reader1.SetDataByteOrderToBigEndian

reader = vtkImageLuminance ()
reader.SetInput (reader1.GetOutput())

then do the ray casting etc.

Cheers

Dan

dan at chalkie.org.uk
http://www.chalkie.org.uk

Daniel James White PhD.
Cell Biology
Department of Biological and Environmental Science
University of Jyväskylä
FIN-40351
Jyväskylä
Finland