[vtkusers] Worked around volume issues but is this a bug?

Alex Lear alear at cns.montana.edu
Mon Nov 4 16:45:49 EST 2002

I was previously having volume rendering problems because vtkScalars are no
longer supported in VTK 4.0.  I switched to vtkFloatArray but the volumes
flickered or did not show up at all.  I have since switched to
vtkUnsignedCharArray because my old scalars where unsigned chars.  This type
of data works :)  However, it would have been nice to use a float type this
time around.

Are float types not allowed for volume values, might there be something else
I am doing wrong, or maybe a bug?

For reference, I (basically) start with a 3d structured points and apply the
scalar values to them, then input those to the volume mapper.

Thanks,
Alex Lear