[vtkusers] vtk and ensight data

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Nov 4 11:35:49 EST 2002

The EnSight readers read all the variables by default. It will however
assign only one to be the scalars. To switch the active scalars, vectors
etc., you can use the vtkAssignAttribute filter.
See
VTK/Examples/DataManipulation/Tcl/FinancialField.tcl
or the Doxygen documentation. If you send me an example pipeline and
describe what you want to do, I can give you more information on where
to insert it and how to configure it.

Also, I recommend that you look at ParaView (http://www.paraview.org).
It is built using on VTK but makes handling EnSight files much easier.

-Berk