[vtkusers] Using VTK 3.1/3.2 & 4.0 with Python

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Nov 2 11:31:52 EST 2002

    TB> Hello, Here's a real legacy support question. :^)

    TB> Can anyone point me to any reasonably complete reference for
    TB> using Python 1.5.2 with VTK 3.1/3.2 and 4.+?

AFAIK, almost all the methods of use are wrapped.  The best
documentation on this is David's python.txt that is part of VTK 3.x.
Its in the python/ sub-directory.

David, would it be possible to add this file to the VTK CVS tree
(after updating it, if necessary)?

    TB> Basically, I'm trying to navigate point & polygon lists of an
[snip]
    TB> aspects of the C++ API seem unsupported or supported
    TB> differently in Python.

Maybe you can ask the list specific questions about the problems you
are facing?  You might get more answers then.

cheers,
prabhu