[vtkusers] Cannot make unstructured points isosurface

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Nov 2 07:56:53 EST 2002

hi,

    CS> Hello, I seem to be running into the often-encountered "my
    CS> unstructured points aren't resulting in a contour" problem. I
    CS> think I'm just tired and missing something obvious. I wonder
    CS> if I'm just not setting up my initial data source

[snip]

>From what I understand you are simply assigning a bunch of points as
vertices into an Unstructured grid.  This will not result in a volume.
All your data will contain is a bunch of points.  Hence contouring the
data will not produce anything.  If you need to contour the data you
need to specify volumes which means you need to know the topology.  If
that is hard to get in your case try investigating these classes:

 vtkShepardMethod
 vtkGaussianSplatter
 vtkProbeFilter

cheers,