[vtkusers] Can VTK_QT render volumes?

Alex Lear alear at cns.montana.edu
Fri Nov 1 13:51:13 EST 2002

Yes I put a 1 in each voxel but in this case I didn't specify a color and I
assumed it would default to white but I have tried it with a color transfer
function and it looks the same.  I used vtkImageGaussianSource and it gave me
the same rare flicker.  However, without changing anything else I changed the
source from my created cube to the data from the volProt example file.  It
was able to render this volume perfectly.  Apparently there is something
going on with the way I create my voxels.  I am trying to create a cube with
100x100x100 voxels and apply a value to them.  Is there a better way to do
this?  Possibly another way that might work for volume rendering?

I should add, I am using VTK 4.0.

Thanks,

Alex Lear