[vtkusers] libvtkRenderingPython.so: undefined symbol: XtDestroyWidget

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Fri Nov 1 10:34:59 EST 2002

Hi Christof,

When you describe build problems (or any problem) with VTK, please
state which version of VTK you are building.

The problem is that the Xt library is not being linked when the
other X11 libraries are linked (or perhaps none of the X11 libraries
are linked, and it just reported the first missing symbol).

The VTK nightlies are very stable right now, try building again
with either a nightly or a CVS checkout (make sure that you also
grab the most recent release of CMake).  If it still complains
about missing symbols, email me back.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group