[vtkusers] (no subject)

M.Hardikar at asu.edu M.Hardikar at asu.edu
Tue May 21 16:05:05 EDT 2002

Dear users,

I am new to VTK and am trying to achieve the followings tasks:

1. Read in the CAD data in .stl format (which I could do using
vtkSTLreader). I have a list of points (x,y,z) which like on the surface of
the CAD file. I want to get the normal at each of those points. Can this be
achieved and if yes can somebody help me with it?

2. Once the CAD data is displayed, I am using vtkAxes to display the x,y and z
axes. In vtk MFC app, the user can zoom and rotate the displayed CAD data. I
would like to add a mouse listener which will help rotate the CAD data only
about x,y OR z axes (according to what user picks). Can somebody help me with
this query?

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh.