[vtkusers] RV: Problem with z-buffer

mpuiggar at teleline.es mpuiggar at teleline.es
Wed May 8 09:33:29 EDT 2002

Hi everybody!!

I’m developing a program to calculate shadows over a building. I have
all shadows calculated, and all of them are included in one actor.
Ground shadows are placed 0.01m over the ground, so ground actor and
shadows are not coincident, and in the areas where shadows are present
you shoud see only shadows not the ground. But there is something wrong
and if you zoom into the scenary sometimes you see ground and others
shadows. I’ve attached two fotos of the same view, but i have moved the
zoom a little bit in one of them. The one named good shows the right
thing but the bad one shows some groud shadows in a bad way.

I think it must have something to do with the z-buffer presition or
something like that.

Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks very much.

Miguel E. Puig García