[vtkusers] Getting single actors from vtkImageViewer::GetActor2D()

Ricardo Czekster austrobaldo at bol.com.br
Sat May 4 11:58:47 EDT 2002

I have a small problem regarding vtkImageViewer:

I am creating a vtkImageReslice and a vtkImageViewer to read a Volume (vtkImageReader).
Through the vtkImageViewer getActor2D() and SetZSlice is possible to browse all the volume.

But the problem is that I want to have a list of actors2D (vtkActors2DCollection),
So,

  actorsList = vtkActors2DCollection::New();
  for(int i=0;i<aViewer->GetWholeZMax();i++) {
     aViewer->SetZSlice(i);
     actorsList->AddItem(aViewer->GetActor2D());
   }

It doesnt seem to work, because GetActor2D refers to ALL the volume and I would like a single "slice" (actor2D).
There are any other ways of doing that?

Thanks in Advance

Ricardo Czekster