[vtkusers] vtkScalarBar - Better text behavior desired

Ted Christiansen ted at caept.com
Fri Mar 29 12:17:19 EST 2002

Hello,

I think the vtkScalarBar should be improved so that the label sizes are
the size I specify instead of being fit into some available space.  Most
finite element pre/post processors also maintain the width of the bar
and the size of the text as the window is scaled.  The height remains a
percentage of the window height.  It would also be nice to be able to
position it in any of 9 positions (like FEMAP www.femap.com):

right: top, center, bottom
top: left, center, right
left: top, center, bottom
bottom: left, center, right

How long would it take for someone familiar with the vtkScalarBar to do
this?  Do they have time?  If not, I will have to dig in to it and do it
myself because the behavior is simply not up to snuff at this point.

Your comments are appreciated....

Ted