[vtkusers] CMake and VC++ V7

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Tue Mar 26 17:58:03 EST 2002

Will there be an option for VC++V7 soon in CMake?

I went to build the vtk library with VC++V7 using the VC6 settings
because VC7 will import and convert the *.dsw files to their new *.sln
format. However VC7 hangs during the conversion process.

So I used the nmake option and made the libraries and TCL wrappers and
then copied them to a debug subdirectory and edited Makefile replacing
debug with release to make the release library.

Compiler/Linker warnings:

During the compile there is an _OLD_IOSTREAMS_ARE_DEPRECATED warning
alerting you the fact that the older iostream headers are being used e.g
#include <iostream.h> instead of #include <iostream>. Also for linking
the option /PDBTYPE is no longer supported.

Notwithstanding these warnings, everything seems to compile OK for the
vtk libraries and TCL.

The Python wrappers may not compile, I haven't looked at it closely but
there seems to be a redefinition of a basic type in a header file.

Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean

Postal:

Australian Centre for Field Robotics