[vtkusers] vtkImplicitModeller..

K.R.Subramanian krs at cs.uncc.edu
Fri Mar 22 11:46:47 EST 2002

I understand this class computes the distance field w.r.t. the input geometry..
I am trying to access the distances output from the Structured Points in its
output. I thought this woudl be in the scalars array - is it not the case. I look
at the range fo the scalars, I get something like

Range:3.68143e-06,1.05409e+14

The Model bounds are

(dbx) p a2
{
    [0] -0.52950853109359741
    [1] 0.625
    [2] -0.60052824020385742
    [3] 0.60052824020385742
    [4] -0.625
    [5] 0.625
}

which is fine.. so I expected the scalars to be in this range, with positive
and negative values corresponding to inside and outside.

I need to write out a binary volume from this, hence I need the distance field..

Thanks.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                        Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science         FAX:   (704) 687-4893
UNC Charlotte, CARC 311                Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001               Web: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs