[vtkusers] Voxelizer

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Wed Mar 20 15:23:15 EST 2002

Hi Hari,

In VTK 4.x there is a vtkPolyDataToImageStencil filter that can
be used to mask an image using vtkPolyData.  An example is located
in VTK/Hybrid/Testing/Tcl/TestImageStencilWithPolydata.tcl.  You
would have to replace the image reader with something that will
produce a blank initial image, e.g. a vtkImageGridSource where
the LineValue and FillValue are both set to zero and where the
DataExtent, DataSpacing and DataOrigin are correctly set.

The vtkPolyDataToImageStencil is not perfect, sometimes it 'leaks'.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group