[vtkusers] vtkPanel and Jave (my experience !!!)

Satheesh Maheswaran s.maheswaran at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 20 13:36:08 EST 2002

hi everyone

first of all, my appologies for the confusing e-mail i sent out
yesterday, i only realised after sending it, how stupid it was !!

ok, trial number 2
All i wanted to do was, at the click of a button, a scene gets updated,
sounds simple enough doesn't it, well carry on reading

so i add actor to the scene and when user clicks the button, it removes
old actors from the scene and adds new actor to the scene !!!
well, when i tried it, i started getting async errors,

I am on redhat 7.2, jdk1.3.1_02 and vtk 4.0 (cvs)

i spent a lot of time trying to solve it, and at the end I had to
upgrade my Xfree86 (including mesa) from redhat, and everything works
fine now

hope this helps some one some time.

satheesh