[vtkusers] Updating vtkPanel

Satheesh Maheswaran s.maheswaran at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 19 13:44:39 EST 2002

Hi

I am using vtk4.0 (cvs) with Java.  I got the vtkPanel to work with
buttons etc as part of JPanel.
I am trying to update my scence, at the click of a mouse button.   My
scene is a Cone, so the idea is each time I click on a button, it gives
me a new cone ( very interesting, hmmmmm)

well, everything works apart from the removeActor bit.  Here is how i am
doing it

    renWin.GetRenderer().RemoveActor(coneActor);
    renWin.GetRenderer().AddActor(coneActor);

I am hoping here that line number one removes the old actor, and line
number two, adds the new one !!!
but this does not however remove the previous object from the scene, it
seems to draw over the previous scene, and hence i get interestingly
looking objects, but unfournately not the one i want !!

has any one had similar probelms ???, or offer me some hints on how i
can overcome this !!!

thanks in advance

satheesh