[vtkusers] Problem with volume rendering,

cavallo at kip.uni-heidelberg.de cavallo at kip.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 18 19:08:07 EST 2002

> Hello Antonio,
>
> Ray casting occurs in software. After the image is generated (a process
> entirely independent of your graphics hardware as long as you don't have
> geometry in the scene) the resulting image is displayed as a texture mapped
> polygon. That means something must be going wrong in the way the resulting
> image is texture mapped on a polygon. Can you run the texture mapping
> example? Can you run other graphics examples that use texture mapping?

ok, checked the texture example unde VolumeRendering cvs example
directory:

volSimpleLOD.tcl works,
SimpleTextureMap2D.tcl SimpleRayCast.tcl don't work.

I finally disabled the dri and the things went ok, now i can display all
the examples but at slow speed: the problem is in the dri infrastructure i
guess.
For the moment i'm satisfied because at least i can work, but could be
nice to know why is that problematic (there is a way tho debug opengl call
and see the offending ones?)

best regards,
antonio