[vtkusers] nvidia 1.0-2802 linux drivers + vtk 3.2 CVS

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Mon Mar 18 13:20:04 EST 2002

Dear VTK users,

Is anyone here using XFree86 4.1 + NVidia 1.0-2802 drivers and a CVS
checkout of the 3.2 tree?  I'm seeing a reproducible problem with:
vtk/graphics/examplesCxx/Cone3.cxx

When this runs, the actor disappears as soon as one starts interacting with
the render window.  If you move the window, then switch to wireframe mode
and back to surface mode ('w' and 's') all is well.  Trying this with the
Mace.cxx example, it seems that the first actor is forgotten, i.e. it only
renders the cones on the mace, not the sphere itself, until one does the
move-wire-surface trick.

I am using VTK 4.0 for my new developments, but I've just updated
http://cpbotha.net/vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.html, which supports both 3.2
and 4.0 now which is how this problem manifested.  Everything works fine
with 3.2 and the previous version of the NVidia driver.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Charl