[vtkusers] Render window refreshing problem - Windows XP?

Peter J Barrance peteb at UDel.Edu
Mon Mar 18 11:10:09 EST 2002

Hi,

I've been developing some code for about the last six months, using VTK
3.2 under MS VC++ 6.0. Some of my applications use a simple interaction in
which input is scanned from the keyboard through the console window
(stdin). The key presses alter modeling variables, the modeling is
recomputed, and windows are re-rendered.

The above interactions have worked fine on the old system, and several
others I have tried:

'Working' systems: OS - Win 98, ME, NT 4.0. MS VC ++ 6.0, vtk
3.2. Various motherboards, various graphics cards.

--

***Problem****- I've recently moved the code to a new Dell 1.8 GHz system
(specs  below). Now, I'm losing the graphics rendering windows in a

Problematic system: Dell 1.8 GHz Dimension 8200. *** Windows XP Pro *** .
Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti200 graphics card. vtk 3.2, MS VC++ 6.0.

My suspicion is it may be an OS issue. Or maybe the video card/driver?

I've tried rebuilding the vtk libraries under this OS- same result
exactly.

I would like to hear from anyone who has either had the same experience
and is also seeking a fix, anyone who knows a 'cure', as well as anyone
who can suggest a good workaround- maybe a different way to get the
keyboard input without switching the input focus.

Thank you very much for your attention and any insights,

Peter Barrance
Graduate Research Assistant
Biomechanics Laboratory, 009 Spencer Lab
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716, U.S.A.
(302) 831 6704, e-mail: peteb at udel.edu