[vtkusers] Thin_PlateSplineTransform

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 06:07:31 EST 2002

Karshi,

Yes, vtkThinPlateSplineTransform works in 3D. The Tcl examples should be
all you need to use the class, if they don't make any sense then you need
to get more familiar with VTK first by looking at some simpler examples.
Learn to translate between Tcl and other languages, then all the examples
become useful.

This is pseudocode for how to use the class to transform a vtkPolyData:

vtkPolyData poly
vtkPoints s
vtkPoints t

vtkThinPlateSplineTransform tps
tps SetSourceLandmarks s
tps SetTargetLandmarks t

vtkTransformPolyDataFilter transformer
transformer SetTransform tps
transformer SetInput poly

vtkPolyDataMapper mapper
mapper SetInput [transformer GetOutput]

Hope this is some use. VTK actually is well documented, the Tcl examples
are your friend.

Tim.