[vtkusers] IGES Writer

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Fri Mar 15 10:41:17 EST 2002

The recent post (from Congjin Chen) was looking for an IGES reader... Anner,
below, is looking for an IGES writer.

Christophe Attanasio suggested the app occvtk_viewer which used occ (
www.opencascade.org ) to read the IGES file and VTK to visualize it...
occvtk-viewer can read in STL and IGES but it can't save out IGES (or any
file format). Somebody could write a similar app using occ to do that though
(or extend occvtk). Or maybe someone could have a look at the occ source and
write a vtkIGESWriter class- that would be nice. At the moment we use
AutoCad to read in STL (written out by vtkSTLWriter) and write out IGES,
just for polygonal surfaces though.

Goodwin
University College Dublin