[vtkusers] Retry - vtk4.0 regen pipline.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Mar 13 22:32:51 EST 2002

    DMPD> Ok,
    DMPD> I've run a pipline such as :

[snip]

    DMPD> BT SetText "---Change Display Text -----"
    DMPD> Render .backdrop.drawing

    DMPD> In 3.2 the display changed - in 4.0 it doesn't.
    DMPD> Note : I am using an old version of TkInteractor- holds
    DMPD> Render proc !! (modified for my own use)

All I can say is similar code works for me with the VTK cvs tree with
the Python bindings.  Here is a sample session.

from vtk import *
bt = vtkVectorText ()
bt.SetText ('The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.')
bl = vtkLinearExtrusionFilter ()
bl.SetInput (bt.GetOutput())
bm = vtkPolyDataMapper()
bm.SetInput(bl.GetOutput())
ba = vtkActor()
ba.SetMapper (bm)
from mayavi import ivtk
v = ivtk.viewer ()
v.AddActors (ba)
bt.SetText ('VTK is great!')
v.Render ()

This works perfectly and the actor is definitely re-drawn.  So maybe
your problem is with the TkInteractor?  I am not sure.  Maybe you
should test a simple tcl based example with the standard interactor
and try to isolate the problem.

Hope this helps,

prabhu