[vtkusers] Tcl wrapping for vtkMy (fwd)

Sylvain Jaume jaume at tele.ucl.ac.be
Wed Mar 13 18:11:31 EST 2002

> I guess you mean VTK CVS (i.e. VTK 4.1.1 :) and CMake CVS (i.e. 1.3) :)

yes.

> Simple :) As far as I remember, when BUILD_SHARED_LIBS is OFF, no shared
> lib is created but the vtk.exe binary embed the corresponding static libs.
> It means that you cannot load any Tcl shared libs, but you can use vtk.exe
> as a Tcl interpreter and it will work just fine, giving you full access to
> the VTK API.
>
> There is no such support for a vtkmy.exe executable in vtkMy. Hence, you
> should set BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to ON (thanks for the feedback, I'll issue a
> warning in case it's OFF). You do *not* have to set it to ON for VTK, but
> in that case, you have to use vtk.exe as a Tcl interpreter.

I use the 'vtk' command to start the tcl interpreter.

> So what happens now if you just do a
> package require vtkmy ?
> It should work at this point...
>
> >I set VTKMYBIN/lib in my PATH, not in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> >Is it the way it should be?
>
> Does it work without modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?

Now I set VTKMYBIN/lib in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and not in PATH.
load libvtkmyCommonTCL works, package require vtkmy returns 'can't find
package vtkmy'.

> Again ? That's a different message, related to the TCL_LIB_PATH stuff (but
> you did it right in your previous email, so what happened ?)

I typed in .bashrc:
export
TCLLIBPATH="$VTK_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl:$VTKMY_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl"
export
TCL_LIB_PATH="$VTK_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl:$VTKMY_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl"

I'd really like to know what happened? ;-)
Sylvain