[vtkusers] MFC Debug Class factories and GUI example

Roland Schwarz roland.schwarz at chello.at
Sat Mar 9 08:02:58 EST 2002

Hi vtk user group members,

I've been absent from VTK for a while now, and now found that  things have
changed quite a bit.
I would appreciate if someone could point me into the right direction about
the following questions:

1) The example program for GUI MFC Windows seems to have a problem. When
closing the window, an access violation results. When I do not try to
interact with the object however the window closes smoothly. I suspect some
problems with the reference counting as I found out, that after having
interacted the refernce count of Renderer is one more than if I did not
interact. (It crashes in that case in advance.)
What else I recognized that the example has not been updated since I've seen
it last, which was around Version 3.2 times. So my question is wethter
someone could shine me some light on the reference counting strategy.

2) I'd like to redirect debug output to Visual C++ 6.0 debug window. I think
this could be done by overroding the vtkOutputWindow and registering it
somehow using the classfactory. Has someone done this before? Could it be
done? I would appreciate any sample code showing how to correctly do this.

Thank you,
Roland