[vtkusers] compiling vtk4.0 with gcc3.0.3 & tcl8.3 on solaris 7

Alexandre Guimond guimond at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 8 14:35:12 EST 2002

Hi All.  I compiled vtk4.0 from the vtk40Src.tar.gz source I got from
the "official" 4.0 relase on the kitware website.  Applications such
as TimeRenderer seem to work fine, but the tcl interface seems to be
broken.  From the VTK/bin directory I get a Bus Error when I run vtk:

[guimond at cni04 bin]$ ./vtk
Bus Error

That seems very strange since I'm not trying to do anything special.
I'm compiling with gcc3.0.3 & tcl/tk8.3 on solaris 7.  Did anyone ever
ran into that kind of problem, or was succesful compiling with the
same components?  Could it be a bad verion of gcc or of tcl/tk?  I've
had the same problem compiling under solaris 8 or from the yesterday's
CVS version.
--
Alexandre Guimond, Ph.D. <guimond at bwh.harvard.edu> Phone: 617.278.0800
Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School    Fax  : 617.264.5154