[vtkusers] VTK4.0+wxPython+PPC Linux on a mac

Harris Scott R CIV AFRL/SNJM Scott.Harris at wpafb.af.mil
Thu Mar 7 16:10:52 EST 2002

In the past two days I've downloaded, built, and installed:
Mesa 4.0.1
Python 2.2
VTK 4.0 nightly build
wxGTK 2.3.2
wxPython 2.3.2.1

These packages are on top of a clean Yellowdog Linux 2.1 installation (2.4
kernel)

My GTK+ version is 1.2.8-7 and I'm running XFree 4.1. The hardware is an
original orange iBook.

Here are my symptoms:
VTK C examples work fine, wxPython demo works fine. Mesa demos work fine.
wxGTK demos work fine.
If I run the VTK demo in the wxPython demo, the cone pops up but X crashes
if I try to move the cone.
I don't get any errors in the console where I ran the demo. I can move the
window around, but any
attempt to move the cone locks up X.

I've got python 1.52, and older wxPython and VTK 3.2 working great on my
powerbook with LinuxPPC I'm
hoping to get an up to date stable system running my project on the iBook
before I commit to updating
the powerbook.

Any debugging hints? tips? Ideas?

Thanks,