[vtkusers] python - render window lockup on close

rod holland rhh at StructureLABS.com
Mon Mar 4 17:19:01 EST 2002

I am running various vtk test scripts under windows 98 and python. Taking
for example the glyphcomb.py test script. If I run it using a text editor
such as textpad it works fine.  If I run it using idle it runs fine but
then locks up when I try to close the render window.  I have tried various
combinations of renWin and iren to start the window but to no avail.  The
only way to close the window is through the ctl-alt-del close program box.
The window does minimize and maximize properly. Does anyone have any ideas
on how to correct this behavior?  The examples using ivtk run fine under idle.

Thanks,

Rod