[vtkusers] VTK on MacOS X using native Cocoa backend

Raphael Sebbe sebbe at multitel.be
Mon Jun 17 08:03:10 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and new to VTK. I try to get it to work on a Mac OS
X machine, using the native Cocoa implementation (I saw NSWindow
subclass, and stuff like that), by opposition to runinng it through
XFree (which is also installed). All I could see so far was an empty
window appear and immediately disappear when running Mace, for instance.
Also found some suspect -lgl flags in the build process (instead of
using the OpenGL framework)

I searched the archive, found some interesting info, but could someone
with a similar setup give me the required steps to get it to work (in
particular, answers to cmake -i) using the Cocoa windowing backend ?

I am using Mac OS X 10.1.5, VTK Nightly build.

Thanks,

Raphael Sebbe

ps: I also tried with a Mandrake/Intel setup, without success (GLX
problem), but one thing at a time...