[vtkusers] XYPlotActor blinks problem & 3D speed problem.

Yao Jifeng crazyyao at mail.rdcps.ac.cn
Tue Jan 29 08:38:41 EST 2002

I am using VTK to develop a post-processing software
for oil-simulation program and I like it very much.

Q 1:
I write a sub-class from vtkActor2D to plot x-y values,
just like the vtkXYPlotActor, which can support more than
one Y axises. The problem is that when I add another x-y value
and update the plot window, it always blinks.
I turn on the DoubleBuffer but it has no effect.  What should I do?

Q 2:
I use vtkStructruedGrid->vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter->vtkAppendPolyData
->vtkPolyDataNormals->vtkPolyDataMapper->vtkActor  to visualize some struectured
grids. The window and interactor are copied from the vtkMFCRenderView sample.
When I move mouse on the screen to rotate the scene, it works very slow. The grid
size is not big (no more than 200*100*100) and  I only draw 6 planes of the whole
grids. I disabled all the smooth functions, and it turns a litter faster, which is
still too slow to bear. Are there some other switchs or tips?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

crazyyao