[vtkusers] What is VTK? How to install it on Windows2000 NT

Arsene ELLA Ella at pet.mpin-koeln.mpg.de
Wed Jan 16 08:50:55 EST 2002

Hi,
I'm new in the vtk community. I have few questions:

what is VTK? I mean, is it an environment (like IDL, MATLAB,....) in
which, one can build his own programs? or vtk is only a DLL library +
Source code, that one can use incorporating them into it own C++
projects? I know, my question is trivial for vtk accustomed users, but
if vtk is:

1) an environment, where can I find the executable (vtk.exe) in the
     vtk packages?

2) DLL library + Source code, how can I do use them after have
     installed the DLL library in my system directory (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32,
   on Windows2000 NT?

Thanks in advance,

Arsene

Arsene ELLA, PhD
Max-Planck Institut Für Neurogische Forschung
Gleueler str, 50
D-50931 Cologne
GERMANY
Tel:   (+49) 221 478 5713