[vtkusers] Python wrapping problem PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY -> solved....kind of

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Mon Feb 25 16:11:45 EST 2002

I have been trying to build vtk4 with Python2.2 wrappings under WinNT and had
problems with the cmake setting PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY. Apparently since I was
trying to build a debug version of vtk, cmake (the build really I guess) was
looking for the debug version of Python library, which doesn't come with the
release binaries of Python. I tried ot force the path to blank, and also tried
pointing it to the release Python library but this doesn't work (appends an _D
to the file name, which it now can't find).

When the lightbulb went on, I switched to the release build of vtk and then all
went well....

Apparently if you want to build the debug version of vtk, you'll need to build
the debug version of Python too. I hope this is not true but so far I've not
figured a way around this....anyone have any ideas?? I didn't really wan to get
into build Python too.

....john

John Anast, PhD
Winton Hill Imaging Lab