[vtkusers] VTK4/Python (Newbie) question #2: vtkRenderWindowInteractor

Chen, Elvis anisotropic7 at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 7 15:53:44 EST 2002

Greetings,

here is my newbie question #2 for vtk4/Python.

As I'm working through the examples of "The
Visualization Toolkit:  User's Guide", and trying to
convert the example tcl codes into Python (figure this
is a good way of learning), I couldn't get
vtkRenderWindowInteractor to move/rotate the window
with mouse.  I have the following two lines in my .py
codes:

iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
iren.SetRenderWindow( renWin )

Further, when I was trying to run example python codes
in Graphics/Testing/Python, none of the python example
has working vtkRenderWindowInteractor.

Is it supposed to be this way, or have I made a
mistake in compiling VTK4/Python binding?  or, a
working example in python would is very appreciated as
well.

thanks in advance,