[vtkusers] VolumeRendering problem

Pan, Tony C (Research) tpan at crd.ge.com
Tue Apr 16 19:54:16 EDT 2002

Carmen,
The code looks pretty good.

The reason you are not seeing the volume when you move it is because you are using vtkLODProp3d.  LOD
stands for Level Of Detail.  Basically, based on how fast your computer can render, vtkLODProp3D
would choose the right object representation to draw.  If your computer is not fast enough to do a
volume rendering, then it choose the next level of detail, which in your case is the outline.  When
you render a single image, it was probably fast enough to redraw the image each time.  When you have
several images loaded, then your computer may not be able to keep up, therefore the outline is
rendered instead.  When you stop the mouse interaction, then vtk will render the entire volume, which
will take some time. You should not be able to see both at the same time.

Tony