[vtkusers] threads and vtkSynchronizedTemplates

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Mon Apr 15 17:03:08 EDT 2002

I just did a test with my dual processor Pentium IV Xeon 1.7 GHz system.
With TestSynchronizedTemplates3D.tcl with 1 processor an update took about
.151 seconds, and with 2 processors it took about .11 seconds.  (wall time
with tcl)

What method are you using from TimerLog? If you are using CPU time - keep
in mind that it will ALWAYS take longer when using more processors -
otherwise you would have better than linear speedup! The CPU time adds up
the time of all threads (except on Windows where it simply reports wall time).

Lisa