[vtkusers] DEM texture mapping

Zhengyu Zhang zzhang3 at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 29 05:26:09 EST 2001

Dear all,

I want to create texture mapping using DEM data, but
somehow the color is only blue on a black background
and the texture details are all concealed. What should
I do? The pipeline I used to generate texture map and
texture coordinate was:

vtkDEMReader dem
dem SetFileName "try3.dem"

vtkImageResample demsub
         demsub SetInput [dem GetOutput]
         demsub SetAxisMagnificationFactor 0 .04
         demsub SetAxisMagnificationFactor 1 .04

vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter demgeom
         demgeom SetInput [demsub GetOutput]

vtkTextureMapToPlane demtexcoords
         demtexcoords SetInput [demgeom GetOutput]

vtkTriangleFilter demtri
         demtri SetInput [demtexcood GetOutput]

vtkDecimatePro demdec
         demdec SetInput [demtri GetOutput]