[vtkusers] User breakpoint? What is that?

Jingyi Jin jinjingyi at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 14:23:16 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm implementing a program to manipulate polygon
meshes, and somewhere in the code, I tried to resize
the cell list of a given point. But this line is
causing my program crashing, and when I debug my code,
as this line is reached, a message saying "User
breakpoint called from the code at 0x77fa018c" is
displayed. If I persist with the debugger, I can step
into the program until I reach its end without other
kind of errors, and the result is correct. I did call
BuildLinks() at the begining of my program.

I'm really confused about what these "user
breakpoints" are, and how can I fix the program so
that it can run smoothly until the end. I'm using
VTK3.2, is that possible this feature is a bug in some
vtk class? the code that I used is something like:

tempMesh->RemoveReferenceToCell(node->left->pointId,
cellId);
=>tempMesh->ResizeCellList(node->right->pointId, 1);
tempMesh->AddReferenceToCell(node->right->pointId,
cellId);
tempMesh->ReplaceCellPoint(cellId,
node->left->pointId, node->right->pointId);

And I know that my ids are valid ones because I verify
this in the debugger.

Any help would be greatly appretiated. Thanks a lot
for your attention.

Jingyi