[vtkusers] Can we select the specific region of a Image

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Wed Oct 3 10:54:55 EDT 2001

Pratheek,

vtkImageviewer is a wrapper for vtkImageWindow, vtkImager, vtkImageMapper, and
vtkActor2D. Within vtkImageMapper you could try....

virtual void vtkImageMapper::UseCustomExtentsOn  (     )  [virtual]
   Usually, the entire image is displayed, if UseCustomExtents is set (by default not), then the region supplied
   in the CustomDisplayExtents is used in preference. Note that the Custom extents are x,y only and the zslice is still applied

virtual void vtkImageMapper::UseCustomExtentsOff  (     )  [virtual]
   Usually, the entire image is displayed, if UseCustomExtents is set (by default not), then the region supplied in
   the CustomDisplayExtents is used in preference. Note that the Custom extents are x,y only and the zslice is still applied

The easiest way to solve these types of problems is to browse the man
pages....start with the class in question and browse the methods available, also
don't forget to work your way up the heirarchy, lots of methods are inheritied
from superclasses. The man pages make this real easy. They are online at
http://public.kitware.com/

...john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

From: Pratheek Arora <pratheeka at varahi.gsoi.med.ge.com>@public.kitware.com on
10/03/2001 03:45 PM

     Pratheek Arora <pratheeka at varahi.gsoi.med.ge.com>           To:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                                   @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                                         Subject:      [vtkusers] Can we select the
                                                              specific region of a Image
           Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                                   10/03/2001 04:45 PM

Hi friends
   I have one problem,
   I have open a image one raw Image dataset, Know I have to select some
speciic region of Intrest (ROI) of Image, My prblem is
 1) How can I select ROI of intrest with in the Image or which Vtk class I
used for this.
 2) at run time Can I specified the coordinate at run time
 3) Can I draw a rectangle of specific region
I am using the VtkImageviewer for displaying the image
thanks
With regards
prateek

PRATEEK ARORA