[vtkusers] ostream in vtk

Asad A. Abu-Tarif tarifa at rpi.edu
Fri Nov 30 13:54:28 EST 2001

Hi,
Is there a reason why ostream is not explicitly
changed in all vtk files to std::ostream??
I'm using vtk with another package in the same
application and the other package uses other
namespaces. That makes the compiler (at least
VC++) complain whenever I include a vtk
file that contains the PrintSelf function
void PrintSelf(ostream& os, vtkIndent indent);
The error I get is:
error C2872: 'ostream' : ambiguous symbol

When I change it to std::ostream the compiler is happy!!
Is there another solution to this or do I have to
change it in all vtk files that I use??
If the only solution is to change it in all vtk files
are there any plans to do it in vtk4.0??

Thanks,
Asad