[vtkusers] New GE Signa ximg Reader

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Nov 2 12:07:20 EST 2001

I have added a new class for reading GE Signa ximg images. It is used
by the TestGradientMagnitude.tcl script and there is a sample slice in
VTKData/Data. It does handle rectangle, compresed, packed,
compressed&packed formats (I think) and it does read in the X and Y
pixel spacing. It currently uses the slice thickness for Z spacing
(which sometimes isn't correct) In the future I'll try to flesh it out
by computing slice spacing from multiple slices and also readin in the
origin etc. Let me know if there are problems

Thanks
Ken

Ken Martin, PhD
Kitware Inc.