[vtkusers] error compiling VTK (vtklocal.lib)

Wilfried Mausz wmausz at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 10:23:38 EDT 2001

Hello *!

I am working with VTK since some days. I have used the
Binary distribution for Windows and everything was
fine.
But we need to compile VTK on our own and so I checked
out the whole VTK source from the CVS and build
everything using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

I got one problem with VtkLocal.lib. VtkLocal.Dll was
created successfully, but the .lib was missing. I
suppose the reason for it is, that the only .cpp file
for the VtkLocal.lib is empty.
So I did not use the makefile in the vtk\bin directory
which just includes all the other makefiles.
I build it using the makefiles from the vtkdll, vtktcl
etc. - directories.

This seemed to work. But why? What is diffenent when
creating everything via the makefiles of the
subprojects?

Does anybody have an other workaround for that
problem?

Bye, Wilfried