[vtkusers] Scalar bar

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue May 29 12:12:38 EDT 2001

>between negative and positive values, I would like the 0 scalar to
>appear next to its corresponding color in the bar. Is it possible to
>enforce this ? Otherwise, if I use two separate color bars, how do I

Only (AFAIK) by carefully choosing how many labels to display and the range
(ie 0->100 with 11 labels, or -50 to +50 with same or whatever), it's a bit
hit and miss and could do with some improvement.

>Also, when shifting from vtk2.4 to vtk3.2 the scalar bar completely
>messed up the colors, while the actors did not. How do I prevent this
>from happening ?

I might have fixed this recently. Actors (sharing a lookuptable) with
different scalarranges were each setting the lookuptable range which in
turn made the scalarbar confused and wrong. I didn't touch the scalarbar,
but added a flag to the mappers to make them only use the existing
lookuptable range. If you are willing to try a nightly release, give it a
whirl...

ttfn

JB