[vtkusers] The order of indexes in tetrahedrons defined in VTK files

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun May 27 04:11:56 EDT 2001

hi,

<snip>

    PP> My question is: is there any rule about the ordering of the
    PP> indices such that there will be no artificial planes?

I am not sure but I guess the normal of a graphics primitive will
require some ordering (how else would you define the inside and
outside of a surface?).  A quick search through the book didnt reveal
anything on this but my hunch is that you need to choose a rule
consistent with the geometry you are trying to represent.

Of course, this is my guess so I could be completely wrong.

prabhu