[vtkusers] Vtk, Python, compilation problems on Windows

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Sat Mar 17 22:11:33 EST 2001

>P.S.  Also, the link failed with the Borland turbo linker and the tcl
>build (but
>worked fine with the vtkdll.dll).  An error about an invalid flag, anyone
>had success
>with that combo?

The tcl82.lib file (generated from tcl82.dll) is a microsoft compatible lib
file

do this

implib -a tcl82.lib tcl82.dll

in your tcl/bin (where tcl82.dll is) directory and then copy the new lib
file over that from the vtk/pcmaker install. This somewhat assumes you've
got implib handy (you mention downloading a compiler, you mean the BCC
command line one? does it have implib packaged in?)

Anyway, your tiresome labours are not over. Last time I tried, the borland
make failed using pcmaker. But that was a long time ago. if it does fail.
Wait a few days and I'm putting a Borland pcmaker type thing out. I'll post
to the list when its available.

JB