[vtkusers] reading from FORTRAN files

Gavin Tabor G.R.Tabor at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 12:44:04 EST 2001

Hi.

I'm trying to read in data from a FE file written by a FORTRAN code,
in order to visualise the data in VTK. The file contains integers
and floating point numbers in binary format. I've managed to read
in the integers OK, giving me an outline of the file (I can for
example read how many points there are in the mesh), but I cannot
work out how to read a binary FLOAT into an appropriate C variable.
If anyone can give me some clues on this I would be very appreciative.

Gavin

--

Dr. Gavin Tabor
School of Engineering and Computer Science