[vtkusers] A working GtkVtkRenderWindow for pyGtk!!

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Mar 11 07:12:21 EST 2001

hi,

Attached is a gzipped file containing a class called
GtkVtkRenderWindow that lets you embed a vtkRenderWindow in a pyGtk
application.  It requires pyGtk (I guess any recent version sould be
okay) and a recent nightly version of VTK because I use the newly
added set ParentInfo method.  It supports almost all the important
functionality provided by the vtkTkRenderWidget class (mouse based
zoom, pan, rotate and also the ability for picking).  I am no Gtk
expert, but it works just fine for me.  I stole most of the
interaction code from the excellent vtkRenderWidget.py

Just gunzip the file and run it for a simple demo.  I will see if I
can mail this to James Henstridge so that he can include it with the
pyGTK examples.

I am sorry that I am sending this on the list but the gzipped file is
only about 3Kb.  My apologies to those of you who are not interested
in this.

Enjoy!
prabhu