[vtkusers] bilinear, trilinear interpolation..

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Sat Jun 30 12:34:22 EDT 2001

For vtkImageData, vtkImageReslice has all of the necessary
code for bi/trilinear and bi/tricubic interpolation.  I would
like to move the interpolation code into vtkImageData.cxx
eventually, or perhaps into its own class.

When I want to get an interpolated value from an image, I
usually make a vtkImageReslice, set the OutputExtent to
a single voxel [0,0,0,0,0,0], set the OutputOrigin the the
desired (x,y,z) coordinates, Update(), and then check the
value of the single resulting voxel in the Output.  Not efficient
by any means, but it works.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group